I’ve lived in Milton Keynes for nearly five years now which is crazy, because I never planned to be here for long, but I fell in love with this quirky city and the rest is history.
We are in full lockdown right now, and battling coronavirus. And even though we might not know when lockdown will be over, life will be different when it does finally return.
Although I am certain that Milton Keynes’ odd and interesting quirks will remain and some things will never change.
23 things to do in Milton Keynes 
1. The minute we return to our offices we will still complain about the commute into the city centre of Milton Keynes at rush hour
2. Your car tyres will need changing again within months of lockdown ending due to MK’s love affair with the 130 roundabouts
3. The Nandos at the Xscape will have a queue up the road and round the corner and don’t talk to me about the other five Nandos.
4. We will continue to support Milton Keynes-born and bred independent businesses
5. You will still have to drive around centre:mk for an hour looking for a car parking space
6. Good luck getting a reservation at any restaurant, bar or cafe over the next few months
7. The 343 km of dedicated bridleways, footpaths and cycle tracks in Milton Keynes will be rammed as people re-emerge from their homes.
8. We will still get stuck at every crossroads in Milton Keynes, and even if they go green three times we still won’t get moving
9. You will still end up running for your train at Milton Keynes Central Station and getting stuck at the gates when you can’t find your ticket
10. The Hub’s bars and restaurants will make up their losses in one weekend.
11. It will still be near impossible to park anywhere near Primark at Stadium MK
12. It will still take half an hour to get through the checkouts at Tesco Bletchley
13. Midsummer Boulevard will look beautiful as ever, as the sun rises at its east end on the Summer Solstice
14. That first beer you have at your local pub will be there best you’ve ever had.
15. You will not get an appointment at the barbers or hairdressers for months
16. Uber’s and taxis will charge an x2 surcharge
17. All you will see all over Milton Keynes will be adverts for this year’s pantomime
18. We can all start pretending we are Cliff Richard again running down the long corridors at centre:mk (did you know Cliff filmed a music video? Watch it here)
19. You still won’t make social plans in the city until after 6pm so you get free parking
20. You will pop to Eat Street Local for one meal and end up getting five different meals
21. The first weekend of ‘freedom’ will mean Willen Lake is overrun with families, couples and friends having a picnic (if the weather holds out)
22. DO NOT go to IKEA on a weekend. It’ll be hell.
23. We will forever be in awe of mini Starship robots that drive around Milton Keynes delivering food
Until we return to normal, stay home, stay safe, look after loved ones, don’t take anyone for granted and enjoy this time at home.
My Travel Tips and Recommendations
To book flights, I always use flight search engine, Skyscanner, I regularly use the Everywhere tool to find the cheapest places to travel. It’s how I get to travel so much all around the world. I find it the easiest way to compare flight prices across airlines and get the best deals.
For accommodation, I usually book most of my hotels or hostels through Booking.com. I love using this platform as it provides me with some amazing deals for accommodation all around the world. Or if you prefer, I also recommend using Airbnb. If you haven’t signed up with Airbnb already, you can use this link to get £25 off your first visit!
Photography and Technology
Here is a list of the technology I always travel with:
Picking travel insurance that covers you in all eventualities is an essential part of planning a trip for every single person. If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel. You never know what’s around the corner. World Nomads is an affordable option that I personally recommend. BOOK HERE
Sign up to AirBnB with this link and receive a £23 off your first booking.
To receive my articles and reviews straight to your inbox SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Did you know I also vlog my trips? Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel so you get alerted when all my travel videos goes live… CHECK THEM OUT HERE
Thank you for reading and as always happy adventuring! If you have any questions about the destination please leave these in the comments below.
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it for me with all your friends and family!