In January of this year, I did a post called ‘25 before 25’ where I planned out my goals for the coming year before I turned 25. That monumental event is coming up next Wednesday (yay it’s my birthday!) so I thought I had better re-look at what I have achieved off this list over the past six months.
These past 12 months has been a year or triumphs and tribulations, sadness and happiness, alongside losses and gains. I’m determined to make 2017 all about the good stuff, and I used this list to help me along the way.
1. Make more time for my family and friends (those are the moments you will remember not those sat watching TV or working…) – YES DONE! I have been making time for those that I love and turning off from social media, and work when in those moments.
2. Take on more freelance work – I have done a few bits and bobs this year but would like to get more consistent work – NOT YET, TBC
3. Get a proper exercise routine and stick to it! – YES, DONE! I have been running, walking, or going to the gym at least 3 times a week!
4. Visit Iceland and explore this stunning island – NOT YET, but hoping to visit early 2018
5. Go skiing again, and learn how to snowboard properly (I tried last year but need more practice) – NOT YET, I missed out on a trip skiing with Jess from The Travelista in Spring because of work commitments but hopefully this winter I will get to go!
6. Improve my photography skills – and book onto a course! – YES + NO, I have improved my photography but not yet booked onto a course!
7. Visit at least three new places abroad, and revisit some old faves – YES, I visited Verona in March and Paris in April, and went back to Crete in May.
8. Treat my friends and family – I want them all to know how much I love them – YES, I have taken my friends on trips, and I have thought a lot harder about the way I can treat my family with days out and gifts.
9. Explore more of the UK – I really want to squeeze in more local city breaks this year (see my other trips from Newcastle and Bath) – YES, I have been to The Cotswolds, London, Peak District, New Forest and Cirencester!
10. Give YouTube a proper go! I dabbled this year but next year I really want to give it a proper go and get some loyal subscribers – KIND OF, I have filmed my trips to Paris and Verona but need to make more videos!
11. Visit the Colosseum in Rome (this has been somewhere I have wanted to visit for years!) – NOT YET, 2018?
12. Get a house, well a deposit first, then a house – YES, YES, YES! Me and Theo finally bought our first home in January and we couldn’t be happier. We love the house, and location.
13. Take an outdoor bath in Budapest – NOT YET, again maybe in 2018?
14. Learn how to code…. – WORKING ON IT, I have signed up to Codeacademy, but it’s just finding the time, I am on lesson 3….
15. Get a dog. I need my chocolate labrador called Brian at least by next winter – NOT YET, we did the house thing first, maybe a dog early 2018.
16. Learn to meditate properly and stick at it – YES, I got better, but then I have stopped recently and need to get back into it.
17. Get out of my comfort zone – watch this space! – YES, I have been pushing myself and my mind, sometimes too much, but my body knows how to tell me it’s too much.
18. Grow my social channels to 10K followers on each – NOT YET, but I am close, especially on Twitter.
19. Do something special for my boyfriend – you guys can help me with this one! – I took him away in January for his birthday, and have been trying to treat him more with gifts, and trips away!
20. Buy a new camera, I have a DSLR but I want to get a more compact portable camera, maybe a Lumix or Olympus PEN? – NOT YET, a laptop is first, then a camera! Slowly does it…
21. Continue practising my CBT and challenging thoughts – YES, I’ve been continuing with my CBT, and I now have therapy on a bi-monthly basis.
22. Work with more travel brands to create interesting content for my blog – YES, I’ve worked with some amazing brands this year, including FatFace, Desenio, Rekorderlig, HP, John Lewis, Revlon, and others, and I’ve visited some amazing hotels and destinations including Rudding Park, Yays, Barnsley House, Santikos Collection, RHS Chelsea Flower Show, HHH Retreats, The Hoxton, and Derby Collection Hotels.
23. Go to Disneyland – never had this urge until recently so why not do it before I lose the inspiration again – YES, ITS HAPPENING! Me and Theo are taking Arabella to Disneyland Paris in August, and I cannto wait!
24. Go on a yoga retreat with strangers! – YES, I went on a retreat to Crete with HHH Retreats in April and loved it. The wonderful Phoebe taught yoga, and we did HIIT, and lots of hiking. Read that post here.
25. Do 12 countries in 12 months (That’s possible right!?) – NOT YET, so far I have done 4 (France, Crete, Italy, and UK), so it’s not looking great, but maybe the later end of the year will pick up! I have The Netherlands, France, Greece and others to come.
So there we have it, my 25 by 25 list. I did pretty well I think? I may do another post soon, maybe a ‘26 before 26’….