I was recently in Amsterdam for a long weekend of culture, cycling and leisurely walks by the canals. As part of my trip I decided as per usual to write down everything I wanted to take in order to stay organised. After all, I only had a carry on and 10kg weight…. Let’s do this! Here are my Packing Essentials for Amsterdam.
My choice of suitcase: Jurni luggage
Crowdfunded by the teams who created the Trunki, Jurni is the adult version with compartments, secret pockets and innovative design. The suitcase is made entirely of black plastic with a bright blue trim around the edges of the case. The case comes with waterproof pod at the top where you can put your phone, passport and headphones in easy reach, a removable shelf within the suitcase, and it also has elastic lacing for all of your travel magazines. One of my favourite features is the fact you can sit on it, unlike most carry on cases they are flimsy and fabric therefore you end up sitting on the floor at the airport. This suitcase is made of a strong structure which can hold up to 100kg!
Packing Essentials – Clothing:
- Jumpers in various colours
- Pinafore dress and tights
- Black Topshop Joni jeans x 2
- Long Breton tee
- Black roll neck
- Grey roll neck
- Floaty top
- Striped tee
- The usual pants, socks and bra
- Denim shirt
Packing Essentials – Work out wear:
- Vest top and sports bra
- Pins to Kill leggings
Pins to Kill is a new Aussie brand who sell incredibly bright patterned leggings to help you really stand out from the crowd when you are working out. I like to travel comfortably and often wear leggings to fly in, these wear great, even if I did get a few gasps!
Packing Essentials – Footwear:
- White Chuck Taylors
- Black Oasis boots
- Black brogues from Primark
Packing Essentials – Accessories:
- Travel documents pouch
- Bobble hat, scarf and gloves
- DSLR camera
- iPhone and charger
- Laptop, mouse and charger
- Notebook and pen
- Blogosphere Magazine
- Cross-body bag
Packing Essentials – Toiletries:
- Make up including Body Shop foundation, concealer and powder
- Phizz (if you also want to buy and get 15% use the code Crew15-Sophie)
- Rescue Remedy
- Skin care including Body Shop night serum
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Contact lenses and glasses
- Other little bits and bobs
** WIN YOUR OWN JURNI SUITCASE**
Travelling is going to get a whole lot smoother with the launch of Jurni in May 2016 from the guys that bought the world Trunki. Jurni is a new carry-on case for the next generation of connected travellers.
Jurni is a sit-on, carry-on suitcase with a quick access tech compartment that can also pop-out as pod, a seat to rest on and in-line wheels to glide along while in queues. No more standing or sitting on the floor in endless check in queues or having to squeeze in to that last remaining seat in the airport lounge or train station.
- Removable pod – Durable composite plastic pod with splash-proof seal. Perfect for storing items you need quick access to, like passport and phone.
- Strong structure – Reinforced to support up to 220lb (100kg) seating load.
- Inline and pull-along wheels – Custom designed skate wheels with smooth gliding ball bearings.
- Additional storage – Elastic lacing inside the Jurni door can hold documents, magazines and other essentials.
- Flexible shelf – Use as secret storage, to partition case or as a shelf when Jurni is being used cabinet style.
- Telescopic handle – The wide design of the Jurni handle allows for maximum internal storage space inside the case.
- Pod ejector button – Detaches the Pod from the Jurni so essentials can be easily accessed or carried separately.
- Door release mechanism – Pinch the handy button for quick and simple access to your belongings.
- Padlock fixing point – Keep your belongings extra safe. Designed for use with the Jurni Padlock (sold separately).
- Quick grab handle – A quick grab handle lets you carry your case when you don’t want to wheel it.
- Scuff board -Hard wearing to take impact of frequent travelling
To win your own Jurni suitcase worth £80 fill in the below Rafflecopter form and collect entries through the amount you participate. Good luck!
* RRP £80 available in cobalt blue, lava red and fusion pink on www.myjurni.com
Term and conditions
- This competition is only open to UK residents.
- The winner of the competition will win: a Jurni suitcase with accessories
- Redemption must be made by: 1st May 2016.
- The competition will run from Saturday 2nd April and closes at midnight on Saturday 16th April 2016.
- The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner is chosen at random using Rafflecopter.
- The winner will be contacted via email and will need to confirm their acceptance of the prize within 7 days.